39. What do these pieces of work have in common?
Answer to Egypt Quiz #39
They’re all in foreign countries. The five works of art top the Ministry of Antiquities’ wish list of ancient treasures sought to be returned to Egypt. The objects are
- Bust of Nefertiti, now in the Neues Museum, Berlin, Germany
- Rosetta Stone, now at the British Museum in London, England
- Statue of Hemiunnu, architect of the Great Pyramid, now in the Roemer-Pelizaeus Museum in Hilesheim, Germany
- Dendara Temple Zodiac, now at the Louvre in Paris, France
- Bust of Ankhaf, Kephren’s pyramid builder, now at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Mass., USA.
The folks pictured in the bottom right are the author of this quiz and his family, nearing the end of a 10-month stint in Egypt. We, too, have been away from our home in Massachusetts, USA. It is with some sadness that we leave the pleasant community of Maadi, our many fine friends, and a country, we trust, that is on a path to reconfirming its place among the great nations of the world.
- Egypt’s Most Wanted: An Antiquities Wish List, History.com
- Egypt Steps Up Bid for Nefertiti Bust, AhramOnline
- Egypt to Central Park: We Want Cleopatra Needle Back, Time